Every day more and more end users rapidly adopt biometric technologies in their smartphones and other wearable devices like fingerprint sensors, iris recognition to unlock their devices or make a payment using Samsung Pay or Apple Pay. Securing Biometric user authentication(CDCVM) involves multiple parties: TEE Provider, fingerprint or iris recognition solution provides, smartphone OEM’s to integrate the solution into the smartphone.
Major payment schemes have special Programs in place to verify the biometric devices and the solution end solution. Visa and MasterCard mandate security evaluation of OEM Pay integrated CDCVM since 2017. Riscure is the officially accredited security laboratory to perform scalable efficient formal certification evaluations for CDCMV solution, which aimed to be certified according to VISA and MasterCard requirements.
Reports for multiple certification schemes can be made available which makes Riscure one stop shop for all security certifications. Riscure provides flexible, in-depth and efficient evaluation in-line with requirements of Visa, Mastercard, and other schemes. Riscure is accredited by FIDO Alliance which is the main body certifying CDCVM solutions. Therefore, reports for multiple certification schemes can be made available which makes Riscure one stop shop for all security certifications and as a consequence saves time to market and evaluation costs of Riscure customers.
Benefits of working with Riscure
Expert knowledge to streamline Biometric devices evaluation
Harmonized evaluation process that is endorsed by multiple schemes
Changes and adaptations to satisfy requirements can be easily attached to the main evaluation
Potential evaluation of multiple product families
Minimizing throughput time and de-risk projects by professional training and pre-certification
Riscure Track Record
- 1st black box testing of a fingerprint solution for Payment Scheme in 2013
- 1st security evaluation of TEEs with TUI and Biometric support scheme in 2014
- 1st OEM Pay evaluation including Fingerprint and TUI for Visa and MasterCard in 2015
- 2nd and 3rd OEM Pay evaluation including fingerprint and TUI for Visa, MasterCard and AMEX in 2016
- 1st CDCVM security evaluation for EU Fingerprint vendor following visa and MasterCard requirements in 2017
- 2nd CDCVM security evaluation for Chinese Fingerprint vendor following Visa and MasterCard requirements in 2017
- FIDO accredited since 2018
- Contact us
- Director Mobile Payment, Security Lab Services