Using top end low-noise and high bandwidth analogue components that are electrically isolated from digital circuitry, the device provides output with an excellent signal-to-noise ratio. The capacitors inside the Power Tracer are pre-charged to power the smart card during each single measurement to avoid any external noise in the circuit. Power Tracer measures power consumption without measurement resistance in the power chain for stable card voltage and maximum signal bandwidth.
The device further includes a smart card reader, a hardware based trigger, and software-controlled smart card supply voltage, power signal gain and offset.
High quality power signal with configurable gain and offset.
Configurable card voltage.
Configurable delay before trigger pulse.
Internal and external clock.
Buffered ‘soft’ clock signal for smart card.
Compatible to operate with the EM Probe Station and icWaves.
Serial interface externally available (e.g. to monitor smart card I/O or to control embedded devices).
How to use the Power Tracer
The user configures and acquires power traces using Power Tracer in the steps below:
- Select one of the acquisition modules included in Inspector SCA or use them as a reference for further development. The built-in modules are excellent examples for developing specific-purpose acquisition modules for com- municating with cards under test.
- Configure parameters for acquisition and Power Tracer.
- Acquire power traces. Inspector enables the user to fine-tune the software controlled power signal gain and offset while acquiring traces in a test run. This minimizes the influence of the oscilloscope’s quantification noise.
Internal oscillator for smart card clock input:
- Software configurable frequency 1 – 10MHz
- Clock signal softened and buffered for smart card
Current measurement circuit for ‘signal’ output:
- Amplifier (Low noise (26pA/vHz@1MHz), High bandwidth (-3dB@1.5GHz))
- Virtually zero-ohms for high bandwidth
- Isolated electrically from digital control circuit for low-noise signal
- Fed by capacitors during measurement for low-noise signal
- Software configurable gain (100%-200%)
- Software configurable offset (±2V offset (@50 Ohms))
- Software configurable smart card voltage (1.8 – 6V)
- USB 2.0 connection to PC
BNC output connectors:
- Trigger, digital output signal (TTL-levels). 1 μs trigger delay resolution
- Clock, digital output signal (TTL-levels)
- Reset, buffered analog output signal from smart card RESET pad
- IO, buffered analog output signal from smart card IO pad
- Signal, analog output signal proportional to smart card supply current
- 50Ω output impedance
- Output range ± 4V for 1MΩ oscilloscope input impedance
- Output range ± 2V for 50Ω oscilloscope input impedance
- 3 pins for RS-232 (RS-232 signal levels)
- 3 pins for GND, +12V, -12V power supply to e.g. Riscure EM probe
- Contact us
Bartek Gedrojc 大虎
- Sales and Business Development Director Tools