What will you be doing?
Riscure is an ambitious organization specializing in embedded security testing from the semiconductor, payment, Pay TV, mobile and automotive industry. In addition, Riscure is the leading vendor of specialist security testing products. Our main office in the Netherlands has been around since 2001, but we have satellite offices in San Francisco, California and Shanghai, China. We have engaging projects and a constructive work environment based on knowledge sharing. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who would like to embrace the opportunity to drive security forward in our growing company.
You will work closely with the team, gain experience and actively contribute to different core processes and attacks. Some examples of the activities in practice are programming, fault injection, experimentation with hardware designs, reporting, eating in the Riscure canteen. You will have an opportunity to learn about fault injection and hardware security. Are you the person with a focus on problem-solving, ready to work in our young, open and transparent work environment with ample room for fresh ideas?
What does a day at Riscure look like?
We evaluate the security of products that use embedded and smart card technologies. The main activities of the evaluation process include analyzing threats and weaknesses by taking apart a device’s specifications, code or hardware, and then developing the necessary tools to attack the security. As part of the mission statement of the company (driving security forward), Riscure believes that knowledge sharing is key to innovation and evolution of employees. Time is arranged for personal development and for weekly sharing knowledge events that are organized for everyone to join.
In addition to evaluation work, we carry out other projects, including consultancy work, research, tool development, and training. As a state-of-the-art lab, our internal research and development process is a necessity to remain competitive. We record the knowledge we gain during our projects in the Riscure knowledge database to ensure it is preserved and shared within Riscure.
Job role description
- You will be part of Innovation Hub, where the research and horizon-3 projects are executed.
- Your role will be “Innovation Intern”. You will be guided by Senior security analyst during this period. You will be working on one of the research or innovation projects. We are open to 3/6 months’ internship. It can also be a thesis.
- You are expected to exhibit good social skills, being a pleasant co-worker who likes to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty: the core of our work is digging deep into the technical details.
- You have studied/studying courses related to Side Channel Analysis, fault injection, hardware security, cryptography and low-level systems programming.
- The following is not must but is preferable:
- Knowledge in Verilog or System Verilog
- FPGA programming (preferably zynq)
- Next to technical expertise, we value communication skills and a results-driven attitude. You will be expected to consolidate the results of the work performed and asked to present it internally.
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
Our Core Values at Riscure:
- Proactively taking ownership: we are proactive in our work; we take responsibility for our customers’ satisfaction; we improve continuously, both professionally and personally.
- Open to share knowledge: we share knowledge responsibly; we listen to each other and our customers.
- Everyone feels at home: we can be ourselves; we are playful and like to surprise each other; we are respectful.
- Maximize our creative potential: we like being challenged; we are curious; we encourage innovation.
What we offer:
At Riscure, you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge.
We offer appropriate compensation for an internship as well as a travel allowance.
Are you interested?
For more information, please contact +31 (0)15 251 4090. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a resume accompanied by a short motivation letter. Reference checking and background screening may be part of the application procedure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, age, or any other legally applicable characteristics. Being a diverse, multi-national company is one of the things that makes us strong, and we don’t intend to change any time soon.