Did you know that automotive security best practices indicate that all safety-critical E/E systems are also cybersecurity critical?
An automotive E/E solution that does not protect from an adversarial action can not be considered state-of-the-art. Breached security of a safety-critical component leads to potential liability and may result in a costly delay in production because you cannot meet your functional safety requirements any longer. Based on years of experience developing and certifying secure devices and software across various industries, Riscure has created a dedicated interactive Automotive Security Training.
The training bridges the gap between formalized safety frameworks such as ISO 26262, SAE J3061-20161 and the upcoming ISO/SAE 21434 and the best practices in security. It provides three levels of security insight, and covers the following areas of expertise:
- Part 1: Fast track your security. Adding security to a product is expensive. Some costs can be easily quantified, while others are revealed in the process. Learn about the typical lifespan of software and hardware solutions, the importance of testing and how you can reduce costs.
- Part 2: Security Requirements Engineering. Save time and get an in-depth overview of the five most common TARA methodologies and see how they can be applied on a case-study.
- Part 3: Secure code development. Explore techniques collected during 20 years of code reviews, to systematically discover vulnerabilities in code. Learn to quickly assess the impact of certain vulnerabilities for deploying a cost effective remediation plan.
Upon successful completion of the training you and your development team will be better able to meet upcoming industry-standard requirements for Cybersecurity and Functional Safety, delivering the right security at a reasonable cost.
Interested in what our automotive customers are saying about us?
- ”Very good training in terms of content, trainer skills as well as organization. Would fully recommend it!” – Software Team Leader, Continental, 2018
- ”Very knowledgeable and deep understanding of training material.” – Cybersecurity Technical Manager, Aptiv, 2018
- ”Absolutely take the training! The staff is, to say the least, exceptional.” – Cybersecurity Lab Engineer, Aptiv, 2018
- ”Anyone writing code for or working with embedded systems should at least be aware of security issues in C & Linux. This training is an excellent way to get that awareness and learn best practices to avoid the issues.” – Embedded Software Engineer, Telit, 2018
How will the course work?
The course consists of three modules. You can choose to attend a single one, although we recommend attending all of them.
This course consists of three parts: an instructor-led learning session, time for completing assignments and self-study, and a live Q&A session. The learning and Q&A sessions will be recorded and can be watched anytime after the official broadcast date. Currently two parts of this training are available for purchase.
Download flyers to learn more about the training program:
Who is the course for?
If your job means you are responsible for at least two requirements from the below list, then you are a perfect candidate for the training. Contact us to learn more.
- Interface with stakeholders to understand requirements, domains, viable technologies for solution development.
- Advise or manage a project team on key issues of functional safety particularly in requirements engineering, in software design and architecture development activities.
- Create, maintain and refine all documents relating to security topics such as: security plans, security objectives and requirements, functional architecture, requirements for hardware and software for automotive ECU development projects.
- Identify risks, quality issues, business opportunities, estimate effort, analyze requirements and establish priorities.
- Define architectural requirements and align them internally or as an OEM or with your customer.
Why is this course special?
Our training philosophy is centered around collaboration. We are committed to working together with you in order to mitigate and prevent weaknesses in your products and services. We help you learn the basics of attacks and defenses in an immersive, hands-on approach, and enable you to practice until you master newly acquired skills and knowledge. Our team consists of both automotive and security experts. We support you throughout the entire development life cycle.
Webinars and publications
To help you learn more about the course contents, we have two free webinar recordings available for you anytime.
Also check out Riscure’s publications in the field of automotive security.