When testing for side channel leakage in a contactless solution, the 13.56 MHz carrier wave of the reader introduces significant noise in the measurements. The CleanWave consist of analog filters that reduce the RF signal while preserving the leakage signal from the contactless smart card. As a result, the input voltage range of the digital oscilloscope can be reduced which leads to a reduction of the quantization error and consequently to a better signal to noise ratio. While the CleanWave is designed to be used in combination with the Inspector EM probe for EMA-RF or Micropross MP300 TCL2 RF antenna for RFA, the filter can be used with any side channel test system.
Dual-function analog device for RFA and EMA-RF measurements.
Significant reduction of quantization error.
Integrated power supply for Riscure EM Probe.
CleanWave integrates two functions, a multi- notch filter and demodulator.
- Multi-notch filter: Attenuates the RF frequency components at 13.56 MHz, 27.12 MHz, 40.68 MHz and 54.24 MHz in the EM signal coming from a contactless card.
- Demodulator: Demodulates the RF signal coming from the reader antenna by sampling the peak signal at 27.12 MHz.
The CleanWave multi-notch filter improves the signal to quantization noise ratio (SNR) by approximately 15 dB over the frequency range 0 – 50 MHz. The reduction of the quantization error is especially important when SNR of the unfiltered signal is below 15 dB. In those cases, the required number of traces to perform EMA-RF can be reduced to 10% (or less).
The CleanWave demodulator improves the signal to quantization noise ratio of the RFA signal. The required number of traces to perform SRFA can be reduced to 10% (or less).
- Power: 15V DC, 10W max
- Green LED indicates power ON
- 1V input connector: BNC, 50 Ohms impedance, AC-coupling, max voltage 2V peak-to-peak
- 5V input connector: BNC, 50 Ohms impedance, AC-coupling, max voltage 10V peak-to-peak
- Red LED indicates overload of the 1V or 5V input
- Multi-notch filter output connector: BNC, 50 Ohms impedance, max 4V peak-to-peak when terminated by 50 Ohms
- Gain of multi-notch filter/Demodulator output connector: BNC, 50 Ohms impedance, max 2V peak-to-peak when terminated with 50 Ohms
- Sample and hold interval of demodulator: 10 ns
- Sample frequency: 2 times fundamental frequency of RF carrier (depends on input signal, typically 27.12 MHz).
- Contact us
Bartek Gedrojc 大虎
- Sales and Business Development Director Tools