Do you like building the world’s most advanced security test tools?
Riscure is a world renowned security lab, specialized in building advanced security test tools and performing evaluations of security sensitive consumer devices, such as mobile phones, smart cards, embedded chipsets and set-top boxes.
We are looking for a Senior Lean Software Developer who will work on improving our market leading tools. Our tools enable security experts to find vulnerabilities in secured products by using a variety of hardware and software test techniques, combined with data analysis and a visual representation of test results. Performance, complex analysis of large data sets, and reliable software-hardware interaction is key to the success of our tools.
As a Lean Software Developer you are part of the development team with the objective to develop new products, and improve existing ones. The development team has both software and hardware specialists and it follows the Lean development practice, where experiments drive the process of learning what users need. The development team generates creative, innovative and practical solutions to user needs and implements features and fixes within the experiment planning. The team works closely with the analysts from our own Security Lab and external customers to learn which solutions are most valuable. The close collaboration with users results in products that fulfill a customer need, and short time-to-market.
The Senior Lean Software Developer is tasked with development of our main software product suite Inspector, which is mostly written in Java. Supporting tools for Inspector are also developed in Python and C. Further your role is to manage and oversee the development process, methods and techniques used to develop our software products. You know how to structure the work and monitor the progress of the development team, based on lean development methodology. And you are in the lead of the technical choices of software development and are able to coordinate the contributions from both development team and from our security analysts. You also coordinate the integration of various internal and external hardware products into the main Inspector tool.
- You carry-out experiments, in which ideas are transformed to prototypes, in short cycles according to lean development principles. We use experiments to validate if a minimal viable software product solves a user problem.
- You understand well the software product architecture, and are able to improve it when necessary.
- You coordinate the development team with activities and monitor progress.
- You make technical choices suitable for the lean development methodology.
- You work with security analysts, incorporate code developed by them, and support them with fixes and advice.
- You perform supporting tasks such as documenting and testing.
- You manage and update our software development tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- You are a team player, and you are pragmatic. You are good at expressing yourself while understanding others.
- You have experience leading a technical team.
- You love advanced technology, and have a drive to understand and improve products. Customer satisfaction is a key motivator in your daily work.
- You have at least 5 years work experience with Java technology, Lean development or similar Agile software development practices.
- You have experience with tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Stash, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Maven and Git.
- Knowledge of cryptography is a plus.
- Knowledge of electronics is a plus.
- You collaborate with software developers, hardware developers, security analysts and end-users.
- You receive directions from product manager / software development manager.
What Riscure offers
- Riscure develops security evaluation tools. One of the tools is Inspector — the market leading tool for side channel analysis and fault injection techniques to evaluate the security of smart cards and embedded technology. This makes for a unique workplace with a fascinating market.
- Most of our customers are large, international organisations based in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality professional products, training and support. In our daily work we value content, creating an open and sincere work environment with ample room for fresh ideas.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge. We have weekly lunch meetings during which we take turns to keep one another up to date about the latest developments.
- You form part of a small, highly specialised company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organisation.
- Riscure is a young and growing company. In addition to attractive terms of employment, you will be given the chance of getting your own responsibility and personal development plan within the organisation.
Riscure Core Values
- Proactively taking ownership: we are proactive in our work; we take responsibility for our customers' satisfaction; we improve continuously, both professionally and personally.
- Open to share knowledge: we share knowledge responsibly; we listen to each other and our customers.
- Everyone feels at home: we can be ourselves; we are playful and like to surprise each other; we are respectful.
- Maximize our creative potential: we like being challenged; we are curious; we encourage innovation.
Are you interested?
For more information, please contact +31 (0)15 251 4090. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a resume accompanied by a short motivation. An assessment may be part of the application procedure.