Do you like building the world’s most advanced security test tools?
Riscure is a young, ambitious organization specialized in security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, set top box, mobile and smart metering industry. In addition, Riscure is the leading vendor of specialist security testing products. We have 100+ employees with mixed technical and academic backgrounds working from offices in Delft, The Netherlands, Shanghai, China and San Francisco, USA. Riscure is organized in two units: Knowledge & Services and Products.
Our tools enable security experts and developers to find vulnerabilities in secured products by using a variety of hardware and software test techniques, combined with data analysis and visual representation of test results. For our software security testing products, we rely on efficient algorithms, advanced compiler technology and accurate electronic circuit simulation. Whereas for our hardware security testing tools, performance, complex analysis of large data sets, and reliable software-hardware interaction are key to the success of our tools.
As a Software Developer, you are part of a growing development team, with the objective to develop new products, as well as improve the existing ones, using the Lean development practice. The team collaborates with the analysts from our own Security Lab and external customers to learn which solutions are most valuable. The close collaboration with users results in products that fulfill a customer need and have short time-to-market.
The development team works using the agile methodology. With your experience of agile development, you know how to structure the work, collaborate with your colleagues and ask for help when needed. You have an open mind; can find creative solutions that will make our tooling loved by our customers. You like technical challenges. You use your programming skills to build robust and easily extensible software that will give our customers an outstanding user experience.
- You will work in short cycles on experiments, in which ideas are transformed into prototypes, according to Lean development principles. We use these experiments to check if our solution is beneficial for our customers.
- You work in a small team of developers, creating new solutions for customers, and supporting them with fixes for current releases.
- You write code. Additionally, you perform supporting tasks, such as reviewing other team members’ code, writing documentation and testing.
- The majority of our software is written in Java. We are working with tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Maven and Git to support our software development process. Your work includes configuration, maintenance, and improvement of these tools and processes. You may also need to develop or maintain parts of scripting-based tools written in e.g. Python or C.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- You love advanced technology, and have a drive to understand and improve products. You enjoy writing clean code and you can fix issues efficiently. Customer satisfaction is a key motivator in your daily work.
- Experience with Java is a big plus. Experience with C, C++ and Python is a plus.
- You have experience or are interested in learning more about Lean development, agile software development practices, software development tools and unassisted software development and implementation.
- You have affinity with the field of hardware and software security or are passionate about growing in these fields.
- You collaborate with software developers, hardware developers, security analysts and end-users.
- You receive directions from the product manager and product owner.
What Riscure offers
- Riscure develops security evaluation tools. One of the tools is Inspector — the market leading tool for side channel analysis and fault injection techniques to evaluate the security of smart cards and embedded technology. This makes for a unique workplace with a fascinating market.
- Most of our customers are large, international organizations based in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality professional products, training and support. In our daily work, we value content, creating an open and sincere work environment with ample room for fresh ideas.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge. We have weekly lunch meetings during which we take turns to keep one another up to date about the latest developments.
- You form part of a small, highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organization.
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including profit sharing scheme, pension premium where Riscure pays 75%, contribution to medical health insurance and daily provided lunch.
- Riscure is a young and growing company. In addition to attractive terms of employment, you will be given the chance of getting your own responsibility and personal development plan within the organization.
Riscure Core Values
- Proactively taking ownership: we are proactive in our work; we take responsibility for our customers’ satisfaction; we improve continuously, both professionally and personally.
- Open to share knowledge: we share knowledge responsibly; we listen to each other and our customers.
- Everyone feels at home: we can be ourselves; we are playful and like to surprise each other; we are respectful.
- Maximize our creative potential: we like being challenged; we are curious; we encourage innovation.
Are you interested?
For more information, please contact +31 (0)15 251 4090. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a resume accompanied by a short motivation letter. Please note that applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into account. The application procedure consists of a first interview, a homework assignment, and a great interactive meeting where you get to know the team!
[Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.]