San Francisco, USA
What does a day at Riscure look like?
We evaluate the security of products that use embedded and smart card technologies, usually in teams of 2-4 security analysts. The main activities of the evaluation process include analyzing threats and weaknesses by taking apart a device’s specifications, code or hardware, and then developing the necessary tools to attack the security. Results of this go into a report, and we give recommendations for solving these problems.
In addition to evaluation work we carry out other projects, including consultancy work, research, tool development, and training. As a state-of-the-art lab, our internal research and development process is a necessity to remain competitive.
We mainly work from our offices in San Francisco, California; we think it’s important to have a physical place of work where colleagues meet and hang out. This does not mean all the work is restricted to the office: parts of a project may require working on a customer’s premises (all over the US). Our office culture is highly technical, informal and flexible: work function is given priority over form, and new ideas and insights are always welcomed.
What skills should I have to be able to join?
- You have successfully completed a Bachelor (better: Master) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty: the core of our work is digging deep into the technical details of both hardware and software of devices.
- You have 0 to 3 years work experience.
- You are capable of completing security evaluations unassisted.
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- You have good social skills and you are a pleasant co-worker who likes to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team of security specialists.
- You are flexible, and you enjoy travelling to customers within North America, or Europe/Asia every now and then.
- This position requires the ability to access Riscure technology in full compliance with US export regulations.
Ok, so what does Riscure offer me?
Most of our customers are large, international organizations based in North America. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality, professional services. In our daily work this entails rating content over appearances, and creating an open and sincere work environment with ample room for fresh ideas. Riscure is also one of the world’s most advanced players in the field of side channel attacks and embedded technology evaluation. This makes for a unique workplace with fascinating customers.
At Riscure you are working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge. You form part of a small, highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organization.
Riscure’s San Francisco office is a recently started branch within the more established Riscure. In addition to great benefits (medical, vision, dental and lots of PTO), you are given the chance of letting your own responsibility and personal development grow with the organization.
I want in.
Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any hardware project, source code, academic thesis, whitepaper, or anything else that is relevant and that you’re proud of, don’t hesitate send a to link to it as well.
[Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.]