Do you want to be the go to person for support on key projects for our cutting edge customers?
Riscure is the market leader in Side Channel Analysis, Fault Injection, connected device architecture and software analysis. We are a diverse and ambitious organization specializing in embedded security testing for leading national and international clients from the semiconductor, payment, Pay TV, mobile and smart metering industries. In addition, Riscure is the leading innovator and producer of specialized security testing products used around the world. We have over 150 employees with mixed technical and academic backgrounds working from offices in Delft (The Netherlands), San Francisco (USA) and Shanghai (China). We value each other’s opinion, we realize we need one another to perform outstanding work in a complex technical environment, and we understand the fine balance between creativity and structure. Our flat organizational structure and strong collaboration keeps us highly creative and innovative, makes for a fun place to work, and most importantly, we’re able to deliver excellent results for our customers.
We remain at the cutting edge of how we work. Currently 90% of our North American team works remotely. We have team members across the United States. The bulk of the technical team live throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and use the security lab located in San Francisco, California. We engage regularly by video conference and maintain a lively team spirit through monthly game nights, fun technical presentations, and quick touch points (and often bad pun jokes) over chat.
As we are growing, we are in need of a Lab Coordinator to support our Lab Manager and to reinforce our San Francisco Security Lab. This position is part time, 3 days a week or 24 hours, with opportunity to grow to a full time position in the next 6-9 months. This position is not remote and you are required to come into the Lab.
You have a background in electronics, and you enjoy supporting your colleagues and organizing the working environment in the lab. Your experience and skills include:
- You have successfully completed an electrical engineering degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience assembling electronics
- You have a creative mind with an eye for detail
- Your soldering iron is an extension of your body
- You are highly organized and capable of coordinating a lab
- You have IT hardware experience or enthusiasm to help our IT team when necessary
- You have good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- You have good social skills and you are a pleasant co-worker who likes to collaborate with other colleagues
Additional experience that enhances your qualification for this position includes:
- Electronics design
- Inventory management
- Reworking electronics
- Decapsulation of chip packages
At Riscure we engage in a variety of challenging projects, which are executed in our security lab. You will be supporting our Lab Manager and a key support for communication inside the lab. Your responsibilities inside the lab include:
- Supporting Security Analysts with soldering and other electronic tasks
- Preparing samples used in projects
- Making proprietary electronic solutions
- Inventory and lab management support such as regular calibration of equipment
- Ordering of electronic supplies and equipment
- Shipping and tracking of rotating equipment to our remote workers scattered throughout the US
- Data archiving and assisting with backup and server maintenance
What Riscure offers
- Most of our customers are large, international organizations based in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality, professional services. In our daily work this entails rating content over appearances, and creating an open and sincere work environment with ample room for fresh ideas.
- Riscure is one of the world’s most advanced players in the field of side channel analysis techniques and embedded technology evaluations. This makes for a unique workplace with fascinating customers.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job; each of them is eager to learn and enjoys sharing their knowledge.
- You will be a key part to a small, highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within our matrix organization.
- You will be given the chance to grow your own responsibility and personal development with the organization.
- We offer great benefits! Generous PTO and sick leave, a flexible working environment, and retirement plan.
Are you interested?
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter to Myrel Fulgencio (email@example.com). If we feel it’s a good match, you will receive a response within 2-3 business days. Thanks for considering Riscure, we look forward to having a chat.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate based of race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, age, or any other legally applicable characteristics. We pride ourselves on our diverse, multi-national teams and know from first-hand experience that our diversity gives us the advantage we need to serve the security industry with fresh and ground breaking discoveries. Diversity is what makes us strong.