Riscure is a young, ambitious organization specialized in security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, set top box, mobile and smart metering industries. In addition, Riscure is the leading vendor of specialist security testing products. We have 150+ employees with mixed technical and academic backgrounds working from offices in Delft (The Netherlands), Shanghai (China) and San Francisco (USA). Riscure is organized in two units: Knowledge & Services and Products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic HR Business Partner to join our international family (20+ nationalities!). The HR Business Partner delivers a full A-Z range of HR services for the assigned units.
Your core responsibility is to provide HR advice and counsel and coach and guide management and their professionals across all HR topics. In addition, you have a role to steer HR processes and topic areas, such as performance management, health and safety and employee engagement. You are comfortable acting on both an HR strategy and operational level ensuring that the personnel administration is carried out in an effective and accurate manner and within company regulations and applicable rules and regulations in order to meet all legal, tax and social security requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Act as business partner for management and Riscure’s professionals for specific departments in close collaboration with HR and other colleagues;
- Be able to translate Riscure’s vision, mission and values into HR strategy for your area of responsibility and drive organizational change;
- Take the lead on the implementation and/or development of specific HR processes and topics for your units.
- In cooperation with the unit leadership, develop the unit HR approach and develop, implement, monitor, and review local strategies, policies, processes, and tools in the areas of HR
- Accountable for onboarding to ensure that the company has the right talent at the right time. Assist managers in recruitment processes utilizing the best selection method.
- Accountable for the performance management process regarding performance development reviews, performance improvement activities and midyear and end year reviews. Support managers and supervisors in identifying development needs and facilitate development activities (on individual and team level).
- Responsible for monitoring general health, sickness, and absenteeism (files) short and long term. Responsible (re)integration processes, providing expertise to managers and supervisors.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review unit HR policies, processes, instruments and systems in all HR domains.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to management and employees on employee related matters.
- Participate in HR projects as defined in the Riscure HR strategy. Initiate local HR projects.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar
- At least 3 years of experience within HR is strongly preferred
- Able to work in fast paced international organization, which clearly has the end in mind, but varies in routes to get there
- High learning agility and ability to work on multiple subjects at the same time
- Ability to build and leverage relevant and strong connections with other stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial thinking with track record of delivering value to the business
- Analytical thinking, open minded and creative
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work in a diverse workplace
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of Exact/Synergy | HR module considered advantage
- Strong operational excellence & analytical skills
- Strong (cross-)organizational sensitivity, business acumen
- Flexibility to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a pressurized environment while prioritizing, aligning and delivering as required
- Strong personal leadership skills: ability to influence across different levels and apply personal learning agility
Riscure Core Values
- Proactively taking ownership: we are proactive in our work; we take responsibility for our customers’ satisfaction; we improve continuously, both professionally and personally.
- Open to share knowledge: we share knowledge responsibly; we listen to each other and our customers.
- Everyone feels at home: we can be ourselves; we are playful and like to surprise each other; we are respectful.
- Maximize our creative potential: we like being challenged; we are curious; we encourage innovation.
Are you interested?
For more information, please contact +31 (0)15 251 4090. Applications can be sent to email@example.com in the form of a resume accompanied by a short motivation letter. Please note that applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into account. The application procedure consists of a first interview, a homework assignment, and a great interactive meeting where you get to know the team!
[Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.]