Riscure is one of the world’s most advanced players in the field of security of smart devices. This makes us a unique, young, 150+ strong and growing team with fascinating colleagues and customers. We operate worldwide from our offices in Delft (The Netherlands), San Francisco (USA) and Shanghai (China).
At the core of the business stands the unmatched knowledge and expertise in the field of security of embedded devices, within a continuously growing team. To realize continued success and further maturing of the operation of our Knowledge and Services business unit as we grow, we created the Director Operations role.
You have the end responsibility for the global operations of the Knowledge and Services unit, which includes a team of more than 60 experts and 8 project managers, spread over our three locations. The Director Operations leads the continued growth of the business, by embedding the unique and fun culture into scalable structures.
In this role you represent the operations functions in the unit MT and report to the management board. You are based in Delft, where the majority of the team is located.
The Director Operations is responsible for both the performance of the global day-to-day operation and for realizing long term strategy. The responsibilities include:
- Achieve performance objectives, incl. customer satisfaction, employee happiness, financial results of the unit
- Develop and realize the operational unit strategy plans (testing, certification and (on-line) training) through:
- developing operational competencies
- organizational development
- technical capability building
- Organize in a structural way, for efficient and well-functioning:
- recruitment and talent & knowledge development
- knowledge embedding in the organization
- enabling performance of business teams (per market segment)
- enabling expert contribution to R&D projects
- monitoring and controls
- a learning culture, continuous improvement
- fostering a motivating culture
- Global alignment across the three lab operations, including compliance with applicable standards and schemes
- Lead the business unit, as part of the unit MT
- Our Delft based Resource Manager and Delivery Manager report directly to you. The Operations Manager of our Shanghai and San Francisco office have a functional reporting line
You like to shift between strategic progress and day-to-day operations. As a facilitator, you enable the global operations team to grow and succeed. You achieve performance results and sustained success in a great working environment.
Your experience and skills include:
- 10 years’ experience in operational and management roles within a customer facing people-services business
- Connecting well with both the technical experts, the operations team and the MT
- Responsibility for revenue and business performance
- Proven ability to build and improve operational processes
- Business acumen, connecting strategy to day-to-day operations
- Academic education
- English (written and spoken)
- Commitment and a pro-active attitude
What Riscure offers
- Riscure is relatively small, but became one of the world’s most advanced players in the field of security of smart devices.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge.
- You will form part of a highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organization.
- Riscure is a young and growing company. In addition to attractive terms of employment, you will be given the chance of letting your own responsibility and personal development grow with the organization.
Our in-depth, highly specialized knowledge of embedded security is at the core of the company and the majority of the people have technical minds.
Riscure offers excellent terms of employment including an innovative, international and informal setting that makes us feel “at home” at the office. What sets us apart is that we offer you the space to grow as you develop as a person; initiatives are quickly picked up, and ambitions are stimulated and facilitated.
Are you interested?
For more information please call +31 (0)15 251 40 90 (Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated). You can apply to this vacancy by sending your resume accompanied by a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference checking and a personal assessment may be part of the application procedure.